Online retailing is such a big business that many business owners look forward to adding e-commerce to their websites. According to studies, the total US eCommerce sales were $759.6 billion in 2020 & it reached $870.7 billion in 2021. However, before eCommerce trends, most websites were designed just to promote the products and services. Very few entrepreneurs think about selling their products or services online.
So, if you have a website designed before eCommerce, you need to add eCommerce to your website so customers can buy products directly from your website. There are a number of platforms, like ShopRocket, that can help companies integrate shopping cart technology into existing websites. If you want to add eCommerce to your business website, you may want to follow the following tips:
- Choose the site’s theme before you add eCommerce: Various eCommerce platforms have free themes that you can customize as per your requirements. Having a theme that goes well with the current theme and navigation of other website segments can help appear in the integrated e-Commerce section.
- Select the products you want to sell: There may be some limitations on how many products you can add to your eCommerce website, depending on what tool you choose. So, it is recommended to start with the top-selling products that you think will help you make your eCommerce business successful. In addition, adding an HD and attention-grabbing photograph of the product and a creative product description can help you enhance your sales. Choose the background of your product images carefully, although most eCommerce business owners use a white background.
- Use independent page URLs and meta tags: No matter how many products you add to your website, make sure you use independent URLs and meta tags for each page for SEO purposes. It allows you to include more of the description of the product. In addition, the meta tags and meta descriptions play a vital role in the search engine results. So, choose a platform to add eCommerce to your website that offers you independent control of what information is included in the meta descriptions. Moreover, always use a descriptive ALT tag on the image. It aids in ranking your website higher in Google’s image search results.
- Test, test, and test: You can’t run your eCommerce website without giving it a try. Once you are done with adding products, images, meta tags, and descriptions, it is time to test all the parts of your eCommerce website. Now you need to think like a customer; try your website by actually placing orders and making payments. Try placing your order via mobiles as well as desktops. If you find any issues, check the platform’s technical support.
- Add a blog: There are times when your products or services are not so unique that they can help you get backlinks. At times, you can use creative blogs to boost your search engine rankings. Choosing an eCommerce platform with a blogging feature will help rank your company’s product pages. In addition, you can allow your visitors to share products on social media with their friends, which will help create brand awareness.
The Bottom Line
Now that you know the tips to add an online shop to a website, what are you waiting for? Choose a hosted eCommerce service provider that can help you integrate eCommerce into your business website. If you need any recommendations, you can rely on ShopRocket.